To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, July 06, 2010 11:29 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] Define terms fluid = legato

All this discussion about whether the diatonic is more "fluid" than the chromatic? True, the diatonic offers the chance to hit more pitchy notes (or non-notes) just like the slide trombone than the chromatic.

((Both harps are equally fluid -- it all depends on the player. The
unspoken issue here is "bendability." The diatonic has more bends, therefore it
musts be more "fluid." (Playing the diatonic without bends is not fluid?) The
(snip)