Re: [Harp-L] Re: Junior's Mic

Well I don't know if it was a Bayer Ribbon Mic or a  Sennheiser  dynamic...
But I can confirm... They both are first class harp mics. I used  a Bayer M
60 for many years, from the mid '60s to the mid '80s... until it  fell to
bits, from years of misuse!
And I was lucky to use an old Sennheiser dynamic back in May this year,
playing at the "Cowboy's Cathedral" with Karmann Powell,  in New  River,
Arizona... It was simply lovely... I wanted to bring it home  with me. But the
sound man wanted to keep it! I hope I can use it the next time  I play there.

My latest harp mic is a Chinese dynamic "Cayser DM-889"... It cost about
$9.00 USD here, brand new,  in the Philippines about 6 months ago... That's
380 Philippine Pesos, or less than £6 GBP...

It's not a GREAT mic, but it's an "ok" harp mic... It's not well
engineered, so  will only last a few months (probably) before  disintegrating. As
have a succession of inexpensive Audio Technica mics that I  have enjoyed using
in the past.

BUT...

I'm just trying to say... You don't HAVE to pay $500 for  a usable harp mic.

John "Whiteboy" Walden
English harp player
Living in
Cebu City
Philippines.

In a message dated 06/07/2010 21:34:57 Malay Peninsula Standard Time,