RE: [Harp-L] Harp L: Chromatic versus Diatonic

Well, my personal point of view is that my instrument is the diatonic
harmonica. The fact is that I love Jazz. So I want to play Jazz on my
instrument. So I have to work and play in all keys.
Effectively, it means a lot of work, and in many contexts it would be easier
to use another instrument. But my instrument is the diatonic harmonica and I
want to improve my playing with it just because I love it.
I understand your question, but if I was playing trumpet I wouldn't wonder
if it would be easier to get a guitar to play a tune in E Major.
Maybe my answer is stupid, I'm sorry if it is the case, but my personal
choice is very simple : I love diatonic harp, I love Jazz, so I work hard to
play Jazz on my diatonic harmonica.
I still have a lot to learn, but it would be the same with another
instrument, and I would be frustrated not to play with my favourite one.

Not sure to help a lot on that one :-)

Best regards,

Jerome
www.youtube.com/JersiMuse