[Harp-L] Blue Bayou

Off the top of my head...    ...I'd reach for my "Melody Tuned" harmonica...

-Conrad

P.S. Lee Oscar, among others, makes a "Melody" harmonica called a "Melody Maker"TM. Minimal, or no bending skills required. However, if you have those skills, they can be used to great effect. IMHO.  Barry, what key is the singer calling?

'' ''Hi Barry,

The whole song lays out nicely in first position, although strong bends will [be] necessary from time to time, esp on holes 2 and 3. The solo section lays out well for it, too.

It can also be done in second, although this too requires good bending skills, and occasionally when playing the melody you'll have to leap up or down an octave to find certain notes... More awkward, IMHO.

Personally I'd play it in first...

cheers and good luck,
Tom Ball''

Hi List,

Has anyone played harp to this wonderful Roy Orbison song (covered so
beautifully by Linda Ronstadt)?

If so, any hints for playing it on diatonic?  Can it be done in 1st, 2nd, or
3rd position ('cause that's all I know!)?

I've been asked to play the soft melody 'under' the vocals - need to also
figure out a solo.

Thanks & happy red white & bluz holiday to all!

Barry C.
Boston''