To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, July 02, 2010 12:25
Subject: [Harp-L] Best thing ever not said

I was playing an memory lose unit one afternoon as a solo harmonica-ist. It was one of the roughest crowds I had ever tried to play to. Most all of the guests were in attendance but not there. One nicely dressed gentleman in the front row listened with a very serious interest. I adjusted my performance to his reactions and played what I thought was a incredible show. As my time was ending, I politely asked the audience especially my main man, if he had any special requests. He nodded attentively but offered no response, so I asked again. A nurse from the back of the room finally shouted out, "He can't hear". His eyes told me different.