[Harp-L] "Howard's F# Blues" getting airplay and overbending question

Just heard Howard Levy's "Howard's F# Blues" on XM's Real Jazz channel 70...  his playing is truly remarkable, both on piano and harmonica (though the harmonica should have been louder in the mix).  The DJ said he has a new album coming out.

This made me wonder a few things, especially since I don't know about music theory or how to overbend at all:

Do accomplished overbenders still use different key harmonicas, or is it the main goal  to use only C harps?  I imagine if you can play in all twelve keys on a C harmonica, then you could also do the same on any harmonica, regardless of key -- but I have always heard people describe Howard's abilities as "he can play in all twelve keys on a regular C diatonic harmonica." Do lower or higher pitched harps overblow better?  Does the way music is written make it simpler to play chromatically on any particular key harmonica?

Just curious,

Bill
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T