[Harp-L] Translation please

I was given the Best of Chess compilation (on Geffen records) for Christmas, which is great, since I don’t know a lot of this material and need to know some of it if I am going to claim to play harmonica.
In the liner notes Robert Lockwood Jr is quoted as saying (about Little Walter, “He would never play on a record like he would in public. Walter played things that if he hadn’t got a chance to hear it again, he wouldn’t never have played it no damn more!”
What exactly does THAT mean?
TIA,
Gary