[Harp-L] Re: The Mission Chicago 32-20 harp amp

Jim, are you suggesting there are NO sonic differences between a solid state
rectifier and a tube rectifier?  If so, that is rather astounding.

The differeces are well-known.  As Gary Onofrio said, the copper plug-in
solid state rectifier makes an amp seem slightly louder and more crisp, and
that is exactly what I hear with these rectos.  The problem is, crisp is the
opposite of sag, and the tone we were looking for in the Mission Chicago
32-20 amp was an authentic vintage warmth.

We nailed it.  The amp sounds great.  I invite you to listen to the sound
samples at the Mission Harp Amp website:  www.missionharpamps.com.

--
-Rick Davis
The Blues Harp Amps Blog