Re: [Harp-L] How fast can a harmonica be played compared to other instruments?

To answer your question about speed listen to Franz Chmel  play the Carnival of Venice variations:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRXZZxkE9IQ
John Popper also plays very fast.
Blackie Schackner played the Flight of the Bumblebee and Hora Staccato fast.

The above examples indicate that you must be a virtuoso before the instrument limits you.

Vern