Re: [Harp-L] Cajun Harp? - Jane Gillman

Your right, Winslow

I had thought she played octave tuned harp exclusively, but that
cut--between your ear and the testimony below--is most probably played
with a tremolo harp:

I saw a lady named Jane Gillman ( http://www.jgillman.addr.com/ ) play at
the Bean Blossom Blues Fest last year. She played several different harps
including an echo. If I recall correctly she played them all through a neck
rack while playing the guitar or dulcimer. When she played the echo it
sounded great…almost like an accordion sometimes. She has some samples on
her website and I think the song Personne Ne Two-Step Comme Toi was played
with an echo harp.

Chris<http://www.harmonicaclub.com/hc/cgi/pm.cgi?action=display&login=Concho>
Bushmanrocks.com <http://www.bushmanrocks.com/>

http://www.harmonicaclub.com/cgi-bin/forum2/index.pl?topic=A2,4618,4618,10,2&page=1

I guess she isn't playing pure Cajun harp (I'll have to check out the links
to J. Fontenot), but she does a pretty good job of sounding like an
accordion in a Cajun band.

Eric