Re: [Harp-L] blowing rags

I would recommend finding the root note for these chords.  If you are
in first position on a C harp, the III chord is E, there are E's in
holes 2,5 and 8 blow.  The VI chord is A,
there are A's in holes 3 double bend,6 and 10 draw.  The II chord is
D.  There are D's in holes 1 draw, 4 draw and 8 draw.  The V chord is
G.  There are G's in holes 2 draw,3,6 and 9 blow.  The I chord is C.
There are C's in hole 1, 4, 7 and 10 blow.

To do the same thing in cross harp, find your B's, E's, A's, D's and
G's on a C harp.

You could go so far as to find the arpeggios for the chords.  There
are more than one way rhythm players play III VI II V I.  Talk to your
guitarist about the actual names of the chords he is playing.  Then
get back to us and we can help you to know the names of the notes
within the chords.

Michael Rubin
Michaelrubinharmonica.com