RE: [Harp-L] Re: Reed plate protrusion

Larry posted:

> Quality control - on an instrument that costs around $25/ea and is massed produced - can only go so far per unit.
>
> Hopefully harmonica players may put this into perspective and will relax a bit over this issue as well as learning to tweak and problem solve on their own.

> ). No one is claiming to know what's best for the customers. As I indicated in my posting, immediately after writing it I phoned Trossingen and had a lengthy conversation with the person responsible for quality control, who will be addressing the issue right away. If that's not listening to your customers, what is??

Steve,

Great response, now that is great customer service, let's hope the factory responds!

Larry,

I think that the original discussion on quality was in reference to:

fabulous - $279.95 list (available for 194.63)

and then the discussion migrated to:

mb deluxe $75 list (available for $52.95)

btw--

mb 1896 is now $43 list (available for $29.95) want to bet that this price will go up by the end of 2009?

I feel that the reed protrusion is primarily a design flaw issue. Tom A. bought four of these harmonicas and all had the same issue. Also, on a harmonica that is marketed at a more advanced player, and I am sure that fewer units are made and sold; why can't there be closer QC on that line?

Why should we not expect better from the oldest, the best and the leader in the business? Sandpaper is not my job, I am the harmonica and saxophone blower.

Michael Peloquin

http://harpsax.com

http://myspace.com/peloquinharpsax