Re: [Harp-L] Re: Mic Holding

Great wahs, though this is a different enclosure to the one I use and here the effects appear to come more from the left hand than the right. When you're tongue blocking the harp certainly looks as if it's against your cheek. I hear an overall sound difference between TB & pucker. Can you enclose so completely that the sound is inaudible outside the cup that way?

SB

On 20.05.2009, at 01:31, Ben Bouman wrote:

full enclosure like this ??
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FzS-UcQScg&feature=related

This is 50 % puckered and 50 % tongue-blocked

Ben Bouman www.beta-harps.com www.harmonicainstituut.nl www.marble-amps.com www.harmonicaheaven.nl

----- Original Message ----- From: "Steve Baker" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <MundHarp@xxxxxxx>
Cc: "Harp-L" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, May 20, 2009 1:12 AM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Re: Mic Holding

Hi John,
by a "full enclosure" I mean being able to enclose the harp so completely that almost no sound whatsoever can escape. You play and someone standing next to you can't hear it. When you then open your "cup" the wahs and tone are killer. Without hearing you play, I can't judge what you personally mean by a "good seal", but to the best of my belief it's not possible to create the effect described above with a pucker. I certainly can't, though I pucker at least 50% of the time myself, but there are some things I simply can't do with that embouchure (and the other way around too),
all the best
Steve