Re: [Harp-L] Re: Mic Holding

Hi John,

by a "full enclosure" I mean being able to enclose the harp so completely that almost no sound whatsoever can escape. You play and someone standing next to you can't hear it. When you then open your "cup" the wahs and tone are killer. Without hearing you play, I can't judge what you personally mean by a "good seal", but to the best of my belief it's not possible to create the effect described above with a pucker. I certainly can't, though I pucker at least 50% of the time myself, but there are some things I simply can't do with that embouchure (and the other way around too),

all the best

Steve