Re: [Harp-L] Re: Mic Holding

steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
<<the choice of embouchure is absolutely decisive in
getting a full enclosure against your cheek. This can only really
work when playing with a tongue block, because if you hold and block
left, the harp is automatically angled to the right and can therefore
be laid against your right cheek with ease without breaking the seal
with the lips. If you pucker you can't do it,>>

Dear Steve,
I mostly agree with ALL you say about the harmonica, but on this, I
disagree.
For many years, I only used a "pucker" embouchure when playing blues.  Now
I use both "pucker" and "tongue block".
Perhaps my mouth shape is "weird".... But I've never had a problem getting
a good seal with either embouchure, and yes, I do use my right cheek as
part of  the "seal".
Interesting point though.
I guess most every harp player has different mouth face and hand
characteristics.
Best wishes
John "Whiteboy" Walden
London