[Harp-L] Harp Quality

Steve Baker wrote:

> I have yet to find a harmonica from any manufacturer (and I've tested
> them all in the course of my work for Hohner) which I would want to
> play out of the box.

I'd be pretty annoyed if that were true. You may have specific requirements,
and some harps are duds, but if you can't find a company that builds a
decent harp for blues and folk out of the box, then you'd be unlucky. I
think that the Marine Band Deluxes are the best quality harps at a
reasonable price these days. Some of the Seydel wooden comb harps are great
too, except they have holes in the cover paltes at the front that are like
moustache black holes... but the tuning is fine.

That being said, I agree learning to do your own set ups would be a good
skill to have.