Re: [Harp-L] Harp Quality (Seydel Cover Plates)

Drew,

I just swapped some cover plates between some Seydel 1847's and some Seydel Blues Sessions.  They fit perfect and eliminate the moustache whisker snagging, and the 1847 covers seem to work just fine on the Blues Session without snagging from my limited experience so far... works fine because of the recessed reed plates, and the covers fit under the mouthpiece over-hang.

Either the Blues Sessions or Favorite full-length covers plates (similar to the Hohner Meisterclass covers) should work.

You also need to swap the cover screws as the Sessions/Favorites covers require longer screws.

You can also purchase the covers and screws directly from Seydel for about 14 dollars (plus shipping).

I love this setup so far... but I do miss seeing the '1847' on the covers.

Maybe Seydel should make full-length 1847 covers in stainless steel, at least as an option.

Ken H in OH