Re: [Harp-L] Breaking in speakers (Ted Weber method)

I've had a tough time getting ghost notes out of 12-inch speakers in harp
amps.  I conferred with Ted Weber and tried several of his speakers and
still could not get rid of it.  I tried cramic, alnico, signature series,
vintage series, dope, no dope.  12-inch speakers just seem to be prone to
ghost notes and cone cry in some amps.  The same speakers in a 10-in size
had no problems at all.

I ended up using an old Mojotone clone of the P12R, with a ribbed cone.  It
sounds great, like a 60s Jensen, but it took a lot of trial and error to get
there.

If you find a cure for cone cry in 12-inch speakers please let me know...

-Rick Davis
The Blues Harp Amps Blog
http://www.bluesharpamps.blogspot.com/