Re: [Harp-L] Breaking in speakers (Ted Weber method)

I don't know, you would have to ask Ted or someone more knowledgeable than I am. That 60 cycle hum is really effective at loosening the speaker up in a way that music, with its more even distribution of frequencies, might not be, but that's just a guess on my part. Also, Ted's method assures that a very strong signal is fed to the speaker, but one that is not too strong for the speaker to handle. With music you would have to guess and risk either doing little or nothing to break in the speaker or possibly destroying it on the spot.