Re: [Harp-L] Amp overkill

Am I getting this right? We are ASSuming that the only reason one would use larger amps is for louder. There are some who prefer the SOUND of larger amps to that of squawky little amps, even if the decibel level is low. I have a few small amps, use them for practice, I have a 56 champ w/a 6" speaker, great for playing along with the stereo. But with drums and bass I want some wattage and speakers, even at lower volume. I do understand that many like the sound of small amps cranked up, but that's not for everybody. James