Re: [Harp-L] What Dremel tip? (was Nail polisher for tuningreeds)

The Shofu Brownie wheel is fine abrasive in a rubber matrix and meets your criterion for "lightly abrasive." It leaves a high polish on the reed. They have a 3/32" shank for which your Dremel has a collet.

Vern

----- Original Message ----- From: "James Sterett" <jsterett@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, August 20, 2009 4:55 AM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] What Dremel tip? (was Nail polisher for tuningreeds)

Thanks, Iceman and Frank,

sounds like it would be in the 'finishing' bin. I'll look for something lightly abrasive... no blades or cutters... got to keep myself away from the cutters...

Jim.

<icemanle@xxxxxxx> 8/19/2009 5:00 PM >>>

I've used one - you gotta practice a bit and develop a very quick/light touch as it is very easy to overdo it using the Dremel. Can't remember which tip, but it seemed to be a light blue emery shaped like a little rounded triangle.