Re: [Harp-L] Harp purchases

Brothers & Sisters of the Tin Sandwich, Brother Ross,

Several discussions have been held with kiwiblues, http://www.harmonicajam.com/ , via the http://www.harmonicaclub.com/ web forum. She had been acquiring her Suzuki's via E-bay. Her preferences are the Mr-350 for playing gig's and the MR-250 for her students to learn their 'licks'. (BTB Her Suzuki outlet has been found to be in Auckland. Saves her S&H, shipping and handling!)

I began with a Hohner classic Marine Band Harmonica. After reading hundreds of e-mails and scouring dozens of sites I urged my local shop to handle Suzuki products (so that I could get the MR-250's). They were impressed by the Suzuki level of quality and commitment...And have sold out of every Suzuki they have EVER received. (I have a nice collection of almost all Masterblues! And a 12-hole SCX-48.)

Admittedly I have more than enough varieties of harp to be guilty of being refered to as a "yard sale gone bad". But any harp player has purchased their fair share of "what about" harps because of any of a thousand reasons. Bends, Hering, Hohner, Huang, Johnson, Kay, Seydel and Suzuki. (You can do your price comparisons via http://www.coast2coastmusic.com/ .

I love 'em all. So let's get down to the Suzuki.

Here's a compendium of the Suzuki line:

http://www.suzukimusic.com/harmonicas/ , and

Suzuki SCT-128 Tremolo Chromatic Harmonica -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsJ0ZRye-HM

Suzuki SCX Chromatics -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5f2rEAnAY00

Suzuki Overdrive -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mF4HZGCO10E

Suzuki Fabulous Chromatic Harmonicas -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5j7FqrheO4

Suzuki Fire Breath and Pure Harp -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGa6pQBJTeM

Suzuki Magic Garden and SC Chromatics -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWl_DYzNE2U

Suzuki ProMaster Valved Diatonics -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHuiExkUH4E

Suzuki Fabulous Diatonic Harmonicas -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmLx2CBVu_A

Suzuki ProMaster, Hammond & Pipe Humming -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCchREHrEck

Suzuki Harpmaster and Bluesmaster -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_nzrhFaQno

You'll like what you play.