Re: [Harp-L] Screw fell out of my Vintage 1923

Frank Evers wrote:
Hi

Am Samstag, 17. Mai 2008 schrieb Jeffrey Spoor:
My question is has anyone else had the same problem with the
Herings? I've never had it happen to any harps before, but now I
feel like I need to pull the covers off of all them to check.

Yes. In my Hering Vintage 1923 and Delta Blues Harps there were usually loose screws, first thing i do with new of them is open them and tighten all screws.
Probably the wood of the comb shrinks after the harps leaving the factory. Surprisingly my herings were pretty tight, even with rattling screws.

Before I switched to customs, i went through a Vintage 1923 phase. I remember now, that this was a constant problem with them. /Seems to me that somebody recommended a drop of clear nail polish.

bullfrog