Re: Re: [Harp-L] Questions about Audix Fireball / Audix Fireball V

"steve warner" <10reedsbent@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> One thing is that volume controls (Chinese made) are very cheap and can be
> had retail for $1.99 at some stores if that clarify's part of your question
> and then add the whole mic being made there and what D said is the result.
> Cheap.
> Crap is crap no matter where it's from.

perhaps, but i'm not sure this is relevant to the OP's question.  according to john watts
from coast to coast:

    The Fireball body is machined (read a lot of hand labor) and has a
    fancy anodized finish, the Fireball-V is a cast body and has a less
    fancy finish.  According to Audix this is the reason for the price
    difference.  The other difference according to the last conversation I
    had with them - the Fireball-V has the modified elment for better bass
    response and the Fireball still retains the original element.
    According to Audix the original is more prefered for studio use.

http://www.harp-l.com/pipermail/harp-l/2006-September/msg00511.html

nothing there about cheap crap from china or anywhere else.

----
Garry Hodgson, Senior Software Geek, AT&T CSO

nobody can do everything, but everybody can do something.
do something.