Re: [Harp-L] Questions about Audix Fireball / Audix Fireball V

I have the odriginal Fireball, which was modified for me, by Audix. They changed the bass response to match the newer model. I use it for clean harp and chromatic. I really like it and sing through it, with the band.

Bullfrog

Garry Hodgson wrote:
"steve warner" <10reedsbent@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

One thing is that volume controls (Chinese made) are very cheap and can be
had retail for $1.99 at some stores if that clarify's part of your question
and then add the whole mic being made there and what D said is the result.
Cheap.
Crap is crap no matter where it's from.

perhaps, but i'm not sure this is relevant to the OP's question. according to john watts from coast to coast:

The Fireball body is machined (read a lot of hand labor) and has a
fancy anodized finish, the Fireball-V is a cast body and has a less
fancy finish. According to Audix this is the reason for the price
difference. The other difference according to the last conversation I
had with them - the Fireball-V has the modified elment for better bass
response and the Fireball still retains the original element. According to Audix the original is more prefered for studio use.

http://www.harp-l.com/pipermail/harp-l/2006-September/msg00511.html

nothing there about cheap crap from china or anywhere else.

----
Garry Hodgson, Senior Software Geek, AT&T CSO

nobody can do everything, but everybody can do something.
do something.