Re: [Harp-L] Rocket Number 9

I agree with Garry 100%. I'd add that "mainstream" is a very vague term that doesn't say much.

Is Jason's aim to be playing behind Britney Spears at the next Grammy ceremony (assuming she's still around) ? I don't think so. For that matter do we want him to ? Hell, no !

I think the way forward for Jason and his band would be to be booked in Bonnaroo and a number of other alternative rock festivals that draw thousands of rock fans every year. This is the exposure he needs. If Rocket Number 9 achieves that aim, it will be a good result indeed.

Benoit
i don't think there is a silver bullet that will/can rocket this (or any other)
band to mainstream stardom. but that's not the point. what JRNB have
done with this album is take a big step toward mainstream credibility. there
are large parts of the music industry that won't return a phone call if you're
not signed to a label, or to the "right" label. what the band has done is
to produce a first rate album, on a serious label that is willing to invest time, effort, and money in promoting it and them. and that's a huge step
from kicking ass in bars while selling homemade cd's. it doesn't hurt that
it's a great album that really captures their energy and sound, and that producer john porter's name has some mojo attached to it.

what all this does is get them more opportunity to be heard by the right
people, and move toward the right audience for the kind of music they're
making.  it's not an arrival, but a step along the way.

----
Garry Hodgson, Senior Software Geek, AT&T CSO

nobody can do everything, but everybody can do something.
do something.