[Harp-L] Was 'Enough Please'/Free reed history

I'm wondering about the Uilleann pipes - the Irish or celtic term, I believe, for a bellows-driven reed instrument, the like of which can be found in many parts of the world, particularly Eastern Europe. These instruments must fall in the 'free reed' catagory, as the reed is not held in the mouth. I rather doubt that these instruments are related to the 'Asian mouth-organ' ie Khaen, Sheng, Sho, etc.etc.
Anybody with further knowlwdge, corretions or thoughts on this?
RD

>>> Vince Meghrouni <Foomcorp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> 29/05/2007 12:57:52 >>>
And harps rely on free reeds, the existence of free reed instruments
in asia pre-date and presage free reed instruments in Europe.

Reginald "Rex" "Rich" Tobago
Manufacturer of Memes untethered to reality