[Harp-L] Artificially producing bends

Many of us have tried to explain bending to beginners (or perhaps to ourselves.) I got curious about whether the oral environment that results in bends could be simulated artificially, so I experimented with drawing on different lengths of plastic tubing of various diameters and bends, inserted into the holes. (like using a large flexible straw between my mouth and the harmonica.) I thought it'd be nice to demystify the process and show exactly what had to happen to the air flow to produce bends.

No luck so far!

Has anyone else with too much time on their hands tried this? Any suggestions? Shouldn't it be possible, in theory?

Thanks for this great list!

Nick