Re: [Harp-L] funk scales

You're correct, I was speaking figuratively when I said funk.  There was a
good funk tune on the radio on the drive in that had me in that frame of
mind.

Thanks so much for the link.

On 6/6/07, rmcgraw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <rmcgraw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Jamey Aebersold [ www.aebersold.com ] has several play-alongs that are useful for scale practice...geared more for jazz than funk, but I assume from your post you're speaking figuratively when you say funk.

Try the "Dominant Seventh Workout"...it's got vamps on the 12 dom 7th
chords; I'm sure you're aware  the dom 7th chord [ C7, for example] and
it's variations are the chord you'll see most often in funk, blues, rock,
jazz, etc...also, the workbook that goes with the CD has examples of
various scales that you can play over the dom 7th chord.
WVa Bob