Re: [Harp-L] Will Scarlett-5th Position

On Jun 4, 2007, at 10:51 PM, Winslow Yerxa wrote:

The first album, Hot Tuna, was recorded live in Berkeley. Will plays
(but not on Hesitation Blues) in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 12th, but not 4th.
Same goes for the First Pull . . album.

Hmm, I got the info from the book Music Theory for Blues and Rock Harp, by David Harp.
He mentions Will Scarlet by name playing on Hot Tunas Hesitation Blues, as well as the
Jr Wells tune I mentioned as good examples of 5th position.. If Harp is incorrect, that
would explain why I've had such a hard time finding the songs. Either that, or as you mentioned,
there might be a bootleg version floating around somewhere..

Mark