Re: [Harp-L] dream amp

Hey smokie i am with you here,after all with valve amps we are talking about 80(?) year old technology,I mean for chrissake! Best sound I ever got was when I bought an old valve radiogram and wired a a G/B into it through the phono pickup wires.Someone will now say that that is impossible but it did work,probably because I didn't know what I was doing.:-0
Anyway my dream amp would be one that made me sound like Kim Wilson,that is not going to happen so I'll settle for one that has a dual impedance imput and doesn't overdrive the preamp valves.That's the cheap way
The big valves give the sweet spot.
Rick
in NZ

MY first question would be: Why does an amp cost more than a flat/big screen TV. I mean, C'mon, gimme a break
smo-joe