Re: [Harp-L] equipment vs talent

On Feb 9, 2007, at 5:34 PM, Garry Hodgson wrote:

"Haka Harri" <harri.haka@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

A good player never sounds bad no matter what harp, mike or amp.
And if you don't have it, no amount of reverbs, pedals or whatever
will get you there.

while i don't disagree with the above, i'm puzzled at what prompted it.

..... I think what prompted it was that every time you come back to your computer, people are back on amps again.
smo-joe

has anyone here suggested otherwise?

the most recent gear discussion was in response to a direct, specific question:
if fender were to produce a new amp specifically for harp, what features would
you want in it? we got a few answers naming features, and several along the
lines of "there are too many amps already", "just buy a custom", "practice harder,
and your gear won't matter".

is it any wonder no large vendors produce harp amps?

---- Garry Hodgson, Senior Software Geek, AT&T CSO

But I'm not giving in an inch to fear
'Cause I promised myself this year
I feel like I owe it...to someone.