[Harp-L] Norton Buffalo

Hi All,

I just want to say that when I heard Norton Buffalo at SPAH play chromatic I was absolutely floored. He has as beautiful a tone as any chromatic player I have ever heard. In the lower octaves he sounds remarkably like a cello (I think). Even after several years on Harp-L I was not aware that he played chromatic and, as a result, it was an extra little surprise gift for me. I think his tone is quite unique. I asked him what he thought was important in a microphone for the low end of the chromatic (64 or tenor). He told me that holding the microphone as close as possible was the key and that any good vocal mic would do.

I believe he said his father played harmonica as well. Chris Bauer and Michael Burton are the onlyothers I recall who are second generation. Anyone else out there? Listen to Norton and you will be amazed,

Michael