Fwd: [Harp-L] Re: Where did Norton get a 2016 in A?

About twenty years ago Norton told me that Frank Huang had tuned a
2016 down to A for him, also using solder.

There's no reason to doubt the version Stan tells - Norton is a harp
tinkerer and general gearhead, and it's entirely possible that ten
years later he had worn out the old 2016 reedplates and tuned himself
up a new set.

Winslow

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Stan Ruffo" <stan@...> wrote:

Norton told me (probably more than ten years ago),
that he retuned one himself from "C" to "A" using
solder?Because he thought it would be "neat".

Steamin' Stan

>From: "Steve Malerbi" <scooter799@...>

>The tune is on Norton Buffalo and Roy Rogers
latest CD "Roots of our

>Nature".

>He plays it on two different chromatics. The song
is in E, and most of

>it's played in second position on a Hohner CBH
2016 in the key of A.

>When the song modulates to the key of C, he
switches to a Hohner 270,

Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 08:08:01 -0700

"Michael Peloquin" <peloquinharp@...>

where did he get the 2016 in A?