[Harp-L] Re: Low Z mics - Transformers

'Moandabluz' Webb wrote:
I have an old low impedance Shure 545 that I use with an adaptor into the PA or into an amp. It seems to work well both ways and actually sounds pretty cool through the PA."

I've had a number of mics in the 545 family and have found that, for running them INTO AN AMP, no impedance converter will sound as good as just re-wiring the mic to be hi-z (these mics are convertible). Still, for someone like Steve who also uses his 545 into the PA, keeping it lo-z and using a converter when blowing into an amp is a good option. Go with a good Shure converter - I upgraded to a Shure from some old crappy one I bought years ago at Mars Music and was really impressed by the difference.
MN