Re: [Harp-L] Re: Low Z mics - Transformers

Hi,

M.N. wrote:

> I've had a number of mics in the 545 family and have found that, for
> running them INTO AN AMP, no impedance converter will sound as good as just
> re-wiring the mic to be hi-z (these mics are convertible).

If you open a 545, you'll find a transformer - that is, what's usually to find
in "impedance converters". So the 545 type mics have their own, builtin
impedance converter.

> Still, for
> someone like Steve who also uses his 545 into the PA, keeping it lo-z and
> using a converter when blowing into an amp is a good option. Go with a good
> Shure converter - I upgraded to a Shure from some old crappy one I bought
> years ago at Mars Music and was really impressed by the difference. MN

I think, the better option is to have two different cables - one wired for low
Z, the other one for hi Z. So you have the right equipment for both cases for
a lower price.

cu,
Ralf