Re: [Harp-L] Graphite lubricant for slides?

Black Lung disease?

Or worse, a "graphite mustache?"

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Wilbur" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Music Cal" <macaroni9999@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "harp-L list" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, August 28, 2014 3:10 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Graphite lubricant for slides?

Oh I agree that water alone isn't the answer but mine are jammed if I don't rinse.
And if your comfortable with graphite ...go for it Daniel :)

Mike Wilbur

On Aug 28, 2014, at 5:36 PM, Music Cal <macaroni9999@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Mike

I have briefly looked at the Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) for a few graphite lub products and I am presently not convinced that it poses a significant health risk as a slide lub. I'm just curious and I don't plan on using it just yet.

I wish water rinses alone would keep my slides functioning as well as I like but they don't.

Thanks,
Daniel