Re: [Harp-L] RE: $10 Cover

On Aug 20, 2012, at 12:27 AM, Scott Harris wrote:

> And yet the owners take all the risk.

Respectfully Scott, and I DO mean respectfully..what risk? You open your doors, if the place flies, you're in. If it doesn't, you're out. It's the same in anything.

>  I'm sure we'll get a meta notice here, but it's so tiring to keep hearing how greedy owners are.

Some owners....key word here. No one said everyone. What they said was: I have seen. Possibly you're an owner or at least represent them. Your tag Mustang Marketing would indicate that you are a marketing consultant.

>  If it ain't worth it - don't play:-)

True. And I was giving another side of the coin. Sorry if I tired you. Personally I have seen a lot of places where NO one gets a full week..ergo no benefits whatsoever, very low wages, and if everyone did that, no worker would be able to make a living. The food industry is infamous for it. I (again..personally) think that if a business has to operate so close to the (proverbial) bone..they need to go OUT of business. Floating a business on the misery of others is something that tires ME. (again..personally).

BTW, I don't have an i-phone.  And as far as meta. I (again personally) feel that If (that's IF) harp-l is going to cease after I have been on it for 12 years...I lose either way. So let the chips fall.