Re: [Harp-L] Johnny Cash harps was: Buying harps on Ebay

On Jul 29, 2008, at 11:24 AM, Michael Peloquin wrote:

Elizabeth posts:
As someone who actually has bought harmonicas on EBay, I was very curious > about just how the seller could prove the provenance of these marine bands, so > wrote to ask him if he had any proof other than his word..and just got back > a response, the gist of which was:
4)They're in B and F (in answer to the many questions he's gotten about the > keys).

They looked like Bb and F, which would be the standard 2 harps for OBS ala Charlie McCoy, Johnny Cash and even me (in a previous life) This kinda helps with the authenticity, as only a harp player and one experienced in country music, at that, would know which 2 harps to pair together.

This is hilarious. I use an F and an Eb. Instead of using the Bb on the blow (for those pesky 8 notes), I use the Eb on the DRAW (for 9 notes). Sooo, I would have never noticed that pairing.

smo-joe

Still not worth anything at all to me. The Johnny Cash fanatic with a lot of johnny-cash would probably love them.Michael Peloquin http://www.harpsax.comhttp://www.myspace.com/ harpsax_______________________________________________
Harp-L@xxxxxxxxxx