Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Buying harps on Ebay

Rob and Joe:

 As someone who actually has bought harmonicas on EBay, I was very  curious
about just how the seller could prove the provenance of these marine  bands, so
wrote to ask him if he had any proof other than his word..and just got  back
a response, the gist of which was:

1) that he has 'no actual proof' but he personally guarantees it, and by
looking at his feedback one could see he sells only quality merchandise and
intends to keep his good feedback rating intact;
2) that "he assumes the buyer could get them 'authenticated' and should  rest
assured that they would grade as authentic", but he never felt the need to
because he already knew they were authentic and has had them stored away for
almost 19 years.
3) that he saw another set 'just like them' (also from Johnny Cash)  sell for
$640 on EBay a week or so ago (in answer to my question about the  extremely
high price... why he jumped his to $800 is anybody's guess, but he did  say
the
$800 "was just a starting price and was negotiable")   ;)
4)They're in B and F (in answer to the many questions he's gotten  about the
keys).

What I'd like to know is...just who on earth paid $640 for the  other pair of
marine bands?

Joe: I'm interested in your 'Mopar' handle...have one of those in the
garage...1969 RoadRunner (meep-meep).

Elizabeth

Message: 1