[Harp-L] Removing windsavers from chromatics

I was at a HOOT meeting last night (great group, btw :-) and heard
something about removing some of the windsavers to be able to achieve
some bending effects/techniques. I'm googling for something about this
and the only thing I can find is stuff about
repairing/replacing/cleaning windsavers, but not removing them. Anyone
care to enlighten me on this technique? Thanks

Jon