[Harp-L] Re: Removing windsavers from chromatics

Thanks to those who've responded so far to my questions about
windsavers. I actually have a performance coming up in a couple of
weeks, so maybe I won't mess with it for now.

More questions about the chro, though:

I'm finding myself becoming more and more serious about the instrument
(harmonica in general, not just the chromatic) and really want to
learn to play some jazz using sax-like lines on both instruments. To
that end, I'm practicing my arpeggios and noticed on my C chromatic
that a B-flat major 7th has a jump over a hole (and I'm sure some of
the others have some tricky spots, but I only really noticed it with
that particular one). So if I try to play that arpeggio with ANY kind
of speed at all, the gap in jumping that hole is pretty noticeable. Is
this one of those situations where Bonfiglio and others use the
tongue-switching method? I'm sure its an easy technique once you get
used to it, but at the present its giving me headaches trying to work
it out. As always, thanks for suggestions.