Re: [Harp-L] Removing windsavers from chromatics

On Sep 16, 2004, at 11:45 PM, Jonathan Hill wrote:

I was at a HOOT meeting last night (great group, btw :-) and heard
something about removing some of the windsavers to be able to achieve
some bending effects/techniques. I'm googling for something about this
and the only thing I can find is stuff about
repairing/replacing/cleaning windsavers, but not removing them. Anyone
care to enlighten me on this technique? Thanks

Jon
__

Don't wanna come off like a wise guy here John, BUT they pay engineers millions of dollars to design automobiles and some people persist in messing with them and goofing them up (all in the interest of improving them). There wouldn't BE wind savers on chromatics if there wasn't a reason. 'Some' bending can be done with technique, other than that, I wouldn't mess with it. Is the person putting out the info an authority on the subject?
smo-joe