[Harp-L] Gamechanger

Jonathan Ross jross38@xxxxx
Sat Oct 19 14:41:13 EDT 2024

“ I recently purchased a Game Changer 10 hole chromatic. It has re ignited my harp life,”
I’ve bought three of them in the “pop” or Paddy Richter tuning and they are very impressive.  I’m glad to hear they’ve inspired you so much

“I noticed on the Bb the 4 and 5 notes that are Bb there is a bad drone.”

I think by “drone” you actually mean “beating” or interference sound.  A drone is a constant sound that plays always.  To me it sounds like you are explaining a beating or tremolo type sound that happens when two notes are out of tune from each other, which is what happens intentionally with a tremolo harmonica and unintentionally when the tuning is a bit off on octaves or in this case the same pitch on adjacent holes.

“ Checked it against an other chome and they have the drone but not as bad. I know when you tune a harp you changed the same notes up and down slightly so when you chord you wont have the drone. Cane this be done on the same note next to each other? “
Absolutely.  There are a lot of posts in the harp-l archives about tuning and there should be a lot of resources online as well.  You might want to check out Richard Sleigh’s website for tools and tips.
For these two notes, you will want to determine which note is out of tune and then adjust that one.  You can check against a tuner or check against one of the other Bb notes found at octaves apart in holes 1, 8 and 9.  Then follow the directions on how to tune in octaves and finally check both holes 4 and 5 blow to see if the beating has been eliminated.

Hope this helps

JR Ross