[Harp-L] Slim & Penny's take on "Ipanema" - filmed live in our project studio

Slim Heilpern slim@xxxxx
Mon Nov 6 15:29:13 EST 2023

Hi Folks -

It's been a while since we published one of these, so here's our latest cover tune, filmed a couple of days ago live in our project studio with a bit of live looping and programmed drums and percussion. It's "The Girl From Ipanema" (or as done here "La fille d'Ipanema").

Penny Hanna: Vocal, Double Bass
Slim Heilpern: Chromatic Harmonica, Guitar, Drum & Percussion programming

It's hard to tell from the back (which has my custom duct tape and velcro simulated hand cup obscuring the harmonica) but I'm playing a Kongsheng Lyra Gold on this one. The mic (between the harmonica and the cup) is an Audix M1250B pencil condenser.

If you'd like to check it out, it's on Youtube here: https://youtu.be/bk0U2FBTD64

- Slim

https://slimandpenny.com