[Harp-L] Harmonica Keys

Mike Fugazzi harpninjamike@xxxxx
Mon May 1 11:48:32 EDT 2023

I harass Chad Nordstrom pretty regularly with harmonica topics. Recently
I’ve been thinking about what harps I need to gig with a cover band I just
joined.

The set list matches what I shared in this video.

Which harmonica keys to buy? #harmonica #bluesharmonica #blues
#countrymusic #howto
https://youtube.com/shorts/8jHeDA42pS4?feature=share

Out of 60 songs I need like five keys to play along with this group.

Here’s a different clip of me playing for context.

Something in the Orange Harmonica Solo on New Golden Melody Progressive
#countrymusic #harmonica
https://youtube.com/shorts/uxVYs50WjAc?feature=share

Most the time I don’t need very many keys to play a three set show which
means I have lots of options for how to keep things on stage. I hate
carrying stuff and clutter on stage typically keep a small set of common
keys on top of my amp and a Seydel gig bag of all 12 keys on the floor next
to it.
--
*Mike Fugazzi*
*Vocals/Harmonica*