[Harp-L] Fantastic Amp recommendation, and brilliant PodCast by Norah Jones featuring Mickey Raphael

Trip Henderson trip.tunes@xxxxx
Sun Aug 27 15:22:37 EDT 2023

#1:

I used this amp last Friday here in Brooklyn on a trio gig at Sunny's Bar
with upright bass, both electric and acoustic guitars along with my Mickey
Raphael inspired Beyer M69 TG mic. It sounded AMAZING!

The AER Compact "TE Tommy Emmanuel" 60W signature acoustic amp. The amp is
a small, powerful, yet a simple-to-use complete solution for stage, studio
and home use that works up to the highest demands of multi-talented
musicians including harp players. AER has incorporated a reverb/delay
effect setting from the Alesis Midiverb II into the Compact TE's onboard
effects section. Additionally, contrary to the standard Compact 60, the DI
Out signal will incorporate the onboard effects. Features: 60 watts,
dynamic control 8" twin cone speaker Twin channel, 3 and 2 band EQ (Channel
1: 1/4" input; Channel 2: combined XLR/1/4" input) Colour switch (for mid
cut/treble boost) Digital effect processor with 4 presets Connections:
Headphones Out; Line Out; DI Out, External effects loop via send and
return; Footswitch (internal/external effects on/off) and includes: Padded,
high-quality gig/carry bag making travelling with the amp a breeze.

This amp works as a great small PA with my Ear Trumpet Mic, or any quality
mic and it picks up all 6 players with one mic.

#2:

Norah Jones Podcast with Mickey Raphael

“Our guest today is the incredibly talented and versatile musician, Mickey
Raphael. His legendary harmonica playing is the hallmark of many songs you
know. Not only has he played with everyone from Elton John to Neil Young to
Chris Stapleton, but has spent the last 50 years playing alongside Willie
Nelson. Mickey and Norah connect on their musical beginnings, their chance
meetings with Willie, and life on the road. You won’t want to miss this
episode of classics and a spin on one of Norah’s originals! Recorded
4/28/23.”

https://www.norahjonesisplayingalong.com/mickey-raphael

All the best!
Trip