[Harp-L] Quick recommendation

John Thaden jjthaden@xxxxx
Sat Aug 19 14:17:37 EDT 2023

Thanks Slim and(offline) Steve Bourke for thoughtful recommendations! My friend wanting to play again prefers to buy local if possible. A great music store in town has a CX-12 and a model I wasn't even aware of, the Hohner 7565 Meisterklasse 14-hole, both on his preferred key of C. Anyone tried this Meisterklasse? It's not cheap. Is it a great chrom?
Thanks,
John Thaden

Sent from AT&T Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Fri, Aug 18, 2023 at 7:53 AM, Slim Heilpern<slim at xxxxx> wrote:   There are so many 12-holer choices, and of the newer models, I only own a few.

I'm currently playing either Hohner Discovery or Kongsheng Lyra Gold (the Discovery's are relatively inexpensive and in my experience require the least maintenance -- the downside is they're not as airtight as the more expensive models).  The Xpression is a Discovery with a really nice mouthpiece. I have only one of those and it's a bit of a lemon, needs work (must have slipped through whatever quality control methods Hohner has these days).

All of the Suzukis and Seydels are generally great, as are the higher end Easttops. But with so many choices, this is all going to come down to personal taste, so not sure what to tell you....

And thanks for the compliment John!

- Slim