[Harp-L] Quick recommendation

Slim Heilpern slim@xxxxx
Fri Aug 18 00:34:04 EDT 2023

Hi John -

Just my opinion here (of course)....

Yeah, probably not symmetrical tuning for "cowboy music" :-). If he played 60 years ago by ear, it's a fair assumption he'd be comfortable with standard solo tuning in C. And if he used to play a 64, then probably best to stick with that.

As for a preference for buying local, might be hard to find anything depending on where you live.

I'd recommend any of the following:

- Hohner Chromonica 64
- Suzuki SCX 64
- Easttop 64 (not sure what the current model is called)

There are more expensive models, but might be overkill.

Just my 2 cents...

- Slim