[Harp-L] Pouch for Bullet Mic

bad_hat@xxxxx bad_hat@xxxxx
Sat Apr 15 07:53:20 EDT 2023

I have lost 2 microphones to misadventure.  My SM 57 element broke a
wire which was about the rotating head rotating too far too often and my
545 got dropped on stage while I was playing.  A protective case would
not have made a difference.  I long ago gave up playing bullet type
microphones but when I used one my 520 D rattled around in a milk crate
with the rest of my gear and so far it has survived the abuse.  At some
point a harp-l person was offering well made replicas of Shure biscuit
microphones, I bought one.  It came with an extraordinarily well made
case.  It is wedge shaped and made out of a padded material and it has a
very nice zipper.  I think it was custom made for the replicas.  You
could drop that mic in the case and it would survive undamaged.
Ironically the well protected microphone never leaves the shelf in my
house upon which it resides.